The Benefits of Pure Emu Oil by Willow Springs
Emu oil has been valued for thousands of years by Australian Aborigines for its renowned healing, moisturizing and pain relieving powers. The Aborigines introduced Emu Oil to the first Europeans as a natural sunscreen and skin moisturizer. The use of Emu Oil was among many natural remedies adopted by settlers from the original inhabitants of Australia. Learn more about the benefits of emu oil and the benefits of emu oil on your face.
Modern research studies verify emu oil has unique beneficial and therapeutic properties.
Pure Emu oil contains:
- Linoleic acid, which may ease joint pain and muscle aches
- Oleic acid, an established anti-wrinkle agent, skin cell regenerator
- Vitamin E, a major antioxidant and healing agent
- Sapogens, proven skin softeners
- Vitamin A, an established skin repairer and antioxidant
Emu Oil provides gentle and effective daily skin care
Pure Emu oil helps restore, safeguard and maintain the appearance and feel of healthy skin – due to its naturally-occurring skin softeners and antioxidants, as well as its non-comedogenic (i.e. does not clog pores) and hypoallergenic qualities. It has shown to be the most rapid and penetrating oil into the skin, making it a superior carrier for any added therapeutic ingredients or moisturizers. Fast-absorbing and leaving no oily film, Emu oil continues to provide long-lasting benefits – even after repeated washings.
- Condition and smooth rough heels, knees and elbows
- Soften and moisturize cuticles and hands
- Reduce flakiness and itching of dry skin
- Protect hands and face from weather
Emu Oil revitalizes mature and aging skin
Containing known skin cell regenerators, anti-wrinkle and skin anti-aging agents as well as potent antioxidants, pure Emu Oil helps to improve aging skin conditions. It has been shown to reduce the length and depth of wrinkles and fine lines. Offering both moisturizing and skin-thickening properties, Emu oil-enhanced products can assist to counter the dry, scaly, thinning skin, and wrinkles that may occur with age.
- Lubricate, replenish and moisturize dry or irritated skin
- Massage oil in to leave a silky smooth effect on body, hands or face
- Prevent additional moisture loss by forming a powerful, protective barrier
- Reduce swelling and stiffness
Emu Oil soothes aches and pains
Naturally enriched with anti-inflammatory and pain relief agents, pure Emu oil products such as Willow Springs Deep Heat Pain Cream, can soothe sore backs, joints and muscles and reduce discomfort. Emu oil’s potent anti-inflammatory effect is similar to Ibuprofen, without the negative side effects more common in traditional prescription or corticosteroid-based medications. Used increasingly in sports medicine, pure Emu oil products are applied by fitness centers and professional sports teams around the world. As it penetrates skin so quickly and deeply, Emu oil delivers fast respite from muscle aches, pains, pulls and leg cramps.
- Reduce muscle, back and neck pain, stiffness and swelling
- Relieve shoulder, knee and joint pain
- Help alleviate discomfort and pain of arthritis, bursitis, tendonitis, gout and other inflammations
- Decrease loss of time due to discomfort or injury
Emu Oil promotes faster healing
The natural anti-inflammatory, bacteriostatic and cell-regeneration properties of pure Emu oil help quickly repair wounds with less scarring. These natural qualities may also help reverse the effects of certain chronic skin disorders as well as hair loss.
- Lessen scarring and pain related to burns including sunburns, 1st & 2nd degree burns and radiation therapy burns
- Reduce acne and skin rashes
- Alleviate discomfort of diaper rash, eczema, psoriasis, skin rash, shingles (herpes zoster) and cold sores (herpes simplex)
- Aids with healing acne, athletes foot and diabetic neuropathy
- Reduce swelling, redness and pain from insect stings and bites
- Assist in repair of skin damage, such as wrinkles, scars, stretch marks, sun damaged, and aging skin
Today, studies regarding the properties of Emu Oil have expanded to prominent noted facilities/groups such as:
- Auburn University
- Arthritis Clinic, Ardmore, OK
- Texas Tech. University
- Ball Memorial Hospital
- Timothy J. Harnar Burn Center
- Iowa State University
- American Oil Chemists Society (AOCS)
Our research indicates Emu Oil may also be endorsed by various members of these organization and institutes:
- Arthritis Foundation of Australia
- Australian Orthopedic Association
- Royal Society of Chemistry
- Australian & New Zealand Soc. For Connective Tissue
- Australian Rheumatism Association
- Australia Biochemical Society
- Royal Australian Chemical Institute
Subscribe To Our Newsletter.
Sign up for all the latest products, news and specials.